Check out our Aboriginal Job Board!
New Treaty Commissioner named
George Lafond has been named the new Commissioner of the Office of the Treaty Commissioner for Saskatchewan. “I am delighted that Mr. Lafond has agreed to lead the Commission’s important work to increase public awareness of historic treaties,” said Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development Minister John Duncan. Lafond recently served on the National Panel for First Nations Primary and Secondary Education, a joint effort by the federal government and Assembly of First Nations. Lafond is from Muskeg Cree Nation. He succeeds Bill Knight in the position, which has a two-year term.
- Community Access
- Contact Us
- Our History
- Archives Search
- In Depth
Share this with friends
- The #IdleNoMore Movement
- Relationship between Canada's Justice System and Aboriginal People
- 2013 Guide to Powwow Country Events Calendar
- Play Radio Bingo to win!
- CFWE-FM Alberta Radio Network
- Buffalo Spirit Foundation
- Western Association of Aboriginal Broadcasters (WAAB)
- June Windspeaker - May 27
- June Raven's Eye - May 27
- June Saskatchewan Sage - May 27
- June Alberta Sweetgrass - June 10
- Download 2013 AMMSA media kits for:
* Sage - Raven's Eye - Birchbark
- Online advertising on www.ammsa.com.
Subscribe & Donate
- Order a Windspeaker digital subscription
- Order a Windspeaker print subscription
- Support independent, Indigenous media in Canada by making a donation via paypal