Check out our Aboriginal Job Board!
Gaming profits up
Saskatchewan Indian Gaming Authority casinos saw a 27 per cent increase in net earnings in 2011-2012 with revenues of $267.2 million and profits of $81.6 million. “Both of these figures are new record levels for our company,” president and CEO Zane Hansen told the Star Phoenix. Dakota Dunes was the highest grossing casino with Northern Lights casino, in Prince Albert, ranking second. Three per cent of net earnings went to sponsorships, community events, scholarships and employee volunteer initiatives and included a $500,000 donation to the Children’s Hospital of Saskatchewan. Fifty per cent of profits are paid to Saskatchewan’s 72 First Nations, 25 per cent goes to regional community development corporations and 25 per cent goes to the provincial government.
- Community Access
- Contact Us
- Our History
- Archives Search
- In Depth
Share this with friendsPinterest
- The #IdleNoMore Movement
- Relationship between Canada's Justice System and Aboriginal People
- Indian Country Community Events Listings
- Play Radio Bingo to win!
- CFWE-FM Alberta Radio Network
- Buffalo Spirit Foundation
- Western Association of Aboriginal Broadcasters (WAAB)
- May Windspeaker - April 29
- May Raven's Eye - April 29
- May Saskatchewan Sage - April 29
- May Alberta Sweetgrass - May 13
- Download 2013 AMMSA media kits for:
* Sage - Raven's Eye - Birchbark
- Online advertising on www.ammsa.com.
Subscribe & Donate
- Order a Windspeaker digital subscription
- Order a Windspeaker print subscription
- Support independent, Indigenous media in Canada by making a donation via paypal