Check out our Aboriginal Job Board!
Share this with friends
Publisher's Statement - Bert Crowfoot
Oki! Welcome to Buffalo Spirit.
The creation of Buffalo Spirit has been an interesting and fulfilling one. It's been about a journey; a journey of self-discovery of one's cultural and spiritual roots. My journey has taken me from southern Alberta (Ruth Brass), through the interior of British Columbia (Mary Thomas) and on to Vancouver Island (Chief Adam Dyck).
I also spent time on the Navaho reservation in Arizona and attended the Gathering of Nation's powwow in Albuquerque, New Mexico. I had the opportunity to speak with a number of Elders and have presented their thoughts and concerns in this issue.
Although the Elders I spoke to were from various parts of the country, they all seemed to have the same concerns, concerns about the blending of spiritual and ceremonial components from various tribes to form new ceremonies.
Check out this link to watch our Buffalo Spirit videos...
May the Great Spirit be with you!
- Community Access
- Contact Us
- Our History
- Archives Search
- In Depth
Share this with friendsPinterest
- The #IdleNoMore Movement
- Relationship between Canada's Justice System and Aboriginal People
- Indian Country Community Events Listings
- Play Radio Bingo to win!
- CFWE-FM Alberta Radio Network
- Buffalo Spirit Foundation
- Western Association of Aboriginal Broadcasters (WAAB)
- May Windspeaker - April 29
- May Raven's Eye - April 29
- May Saskatchewan Sage - April 29
- May Alberta Sweetgrass - May 13
- Download 2013 AMMSA media kits for:
* Sage - Raven's Eye - Birchbark
- Online advertising on www.ammsa.com.
Subscribe & Donate
- Order a Windspeaker digital subscription
- Order a Windspeaker print subscription
- Support independent, Indigenous media in Canada by making a donation via paypal