Check out our Aboriginal Job Board!
Agricultural program to provide training, leadership
Rural Alberta Development Fund has awarded $900,000 to an agricultural education program aimed at providing students with entrepreneurial, leadership and business management skills. Led by the Fort Vermilion School Division, the Rocky Lane School Agricultural Program will offer off-campus learning opportunities through the operation of a farm/ranch as part of the provincial curriculum, while creating a collaborative framework between the school and neighbouring farming and First Nations communities. With FVSD taking on leadership and governance of the project, partnerships with key stakeholders have also been formed with Beaver First Nations, Rocky Lane Agricultural Society and Rocky Lane School. The agricultural program will prepare students for good citizenship, the workplace and post-secondary education while improving student engagement, achievement and high school completion rates.
- Community Access
- Contact Us
- Our History
- Archives Search
- In Depth
Share this with friends
- The #IdleNoMore Movement
- Relationship between Canada's Justice System and Aboriginal People
- 2013 Guide to Powwow Country Events Calendar
- Play Radio Bingo to win!
- CFWE-FM Alberta Radio Network
- Buffalo Spirit Foundation
- Western Association of Aboriginal Broadcasters (WAAB)
- June Windspeaker - May 27
- June Raven's Eye - May 27
- June Saskatchewan Sage - May 27
- June Alberta Sweetgrass - June 10
- Download 2013 AMMSA media kits for:
* Sage - Raven's Eye - Birchbark
- Online advertising on www.ammsa.com.
Subscribe & Donate
- Order a Windspeaker digital subscription
- Order a Windspeaker print subscription
- Support independent, Indigenous media in Canada by making a donation via paypal