Share this with friends
Foundation for the Advancement of Aboriginal Youth (FAAY) - Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business
NEWS: FAAY Awards now being administered by Indspire.
New deadline date: June 1, 2015
Number of Awards: The number of awards is dependent on the sponsors of the program. In 2008 we disbursed 140 awards, 95 were scholarships and 45 were bursaries.
Award Amount: Scholarships for post-secondary applicants range from $2,500 - $5,000. Bursaries for high school applicants are $750.
Eligibility Factors: Canadian residents of First Nations (Status or Non-status), Métis and Inuit Heritage attending High School or a Post-secondary Institution full-time within Canada. Mature students and adult education programs are included.
Supporting Documents Required:
1. Letter of introduction: introduce your-self, mention education goal and career plan, any challenges, any successes, contributions to family, school, community, and answer why you think staying in school is important.
2. Proof of Heritage includes: copy of Indian Status Card; copy of Métis membership card; copy of Inuit beneficiary card; parent/grandparent heritage information & documents showing your relationship to them (long-form birth certificate, baptismal records.); letter of acknowledgement from First Nation, Métis Association or Inuit Agreement Administrator.
3. Original, signed letter from a school/academic representative: teacher, instructor, guidance counsellor, principal, faculty member, teaching assistant, sessional lecturer, practicum supervisor
4. Original, signed letter from someone, not related to you, who can speak to your commitment to your community: volunteer organization, aboriginal group, sports rep, camp leader, work supervisor..
5. Copy of most recent official Transcript or Report Card.
6. Copy of acceptance letter to program or proof of continued enrolment.
7. Recent photo in either digital or hard copy format.
8. Completed application form, signed and dated.
Deadline: Application must be postmarked on or before June 1 of each year.
For more information contact:
- Community Access
- Contact Us
- Our History
- Archives Search
- In Depth
- Subscribers Only
- Aboriginal Community Events
- Aboriginal Links
- Aboriginal Scholarship Guide
- Alberta Heritage Scholarships
- Alberta Scholarships
- BC Scholarships
- CASTS Scholarships
- Eastern Scholarships
- FAAY Scholarships
- Indspire Scholarships
- Manitoba Scholarships
- National Scholarships
- Northern Scholarships
- Ontario Scholarships
- Saskatchewan Scholarships
- Scholarship Listings by School
- Search Tips
- USA Scholarships
- Book Reviews
- Classroom Edition
- Health Information
Share this with friends
- Truth and Reconcilliation Commission Final Event and Recommendations
- Relationship between Canada's Justice System and Aboriginal People
- Play Radio Bingo to win!
- Buffalo Spirit Foundation
- Western Association of Aboriginal Broadcasters (WAAB)
- November 2 - 2016
- November 16 - 2016
- November 30 - 2016
- December 14 - 2016
- January 11 - 2017
- January 25 - 2017
- Free Digital Edition of Windspeaker!
- Download AMMSA media kits for:
* Windspeaker - Alberta Sweetgrass
* SK Sage - BC Raven's Eye - ON Birchbark
* CFWE-FM - Alberta Radio Network
- Advertising online: www.ammsa.com
Subscribe & Donate
- Order a Windspeaker or Sweetgrass digital subscription
- Make a donation to assist Windspeaker via gofundme