Share this with friends
August - 2010
Windspeaker: What one quality do you most value in a friend?
Howie Miller: Height. Someone with good height can reach things I cannot. They tend to be able to see further. Their shoes are really big so if I wanted to do a clown show, I’d have that option.
W: What is it that really makes you mad?
H.M.: When the TV listings are wrong. I make popcorn, get some sodas, clean the couch, call my friends, and then the show that I want to watch isn’t on. It’s usually my show “Caution May Contain Nuts” on APTN. What channel is that again?
W: When are you at your happiest?
H.M.: When I’m at home with my family and being on stage in front of a hot crowd. I don’t even have to be doing comedy, just standing there in front of a hot crowd.
W: What one word best describes you when you are at your worst?
W: What one person do you most admire and why?
H.M.: Elvis, because he was the king.
W: What is the most difficult thing you’ve ever had to do?
H.M.: Try to come up with the one word that best describes me at my worst.
W: What is your greatest accomplishment?
H.M.: Having four perfect sons.
W: What one goal remains out of reach?
H.M.: Opening my own comedy club … IN SPACE!
W: If you couldn’t do what you’re doing today, what would you be doing?
H.M.: Well that’s hard, since I don’t do a lot as it is. I mean I work once or twice a week for about 45 minutes and get paid a ridiculous amount, so I guess I’d be a lawyer.
W: What is the best piece of advice you’ve ever received?
H.M.: Insert Tab “A” into Slot “B”.
W: Did you take it?
W: How do you hope to be remembered?
H.M.: I guess I’d like to be remembered as the guy who could always make you smile. The guy you could rely on. If you needed a hug, Howie Miller was your guy. And since I’m not going anywhere for a while, I’d like to be remembered as the guy who opened up the first comedy club.... IN SPACE!
Howie Miller (Cree) has been called one of the funniest Native American comedians and actors on television today. Born and raised in Edmonton, his quick wit and unique point of view on multi-ethnic stereotypes has garnered numerous television appearances and placed him in great demand on the corporate circuit. Howie’s stand-up routine also includes entertaining stories about his son’s overnight success as one of the most-watched young actors in front of the camera today. How much better can it get than being Howie’s son, Tyson, playing “Quil Ateara”, a member of the wolf-pack in The Twilight Saga: New Moon and Eclipse?
Howie has performed across North America, including New York, Los Angeles and the prestigious Montreal Just for Laughs Comedy Festival. He has also toured the United Kingdom and Europe. Howie has been featured in his own half-hour special Comedy Now Presents Howie Miller and in The Indian Comedy Slam, No Reservations Needed, which is currently airing on Showtime. Howie is also an accomplished actor and writer, having been nominated for a Gemini award in 2009 for “Best Writing in a Comedy or Variety Program” for Caution: May Contain Nuts which will be airing its second season on APTN in 2010.
- Community Access
- Contact Us
- Our History
- Archives Search
- In Depth
- Subscribers Only
- Aboriginal Community Events
- Aboriginal Links
- Aboriginal Scholarship Guide
- Book Reviews
- Classroom Edition
- Confidential: Aaron Paquette
- Confidential: Crystal Favel
- Confidential: Derek Miller
- Confidential: Dr. Evan Adams
- Confidential: Howie Miller
- Confidential: Inez Jasper
- Confidential: Jennie Williams
- Confidential: Larissa Tobacco
- Confidential: Myron A. Lameman
- Confidential: Robert Animikii Horton
- Confidential: Robyn Goodwin
- Confidential: Stephen Kakfwi
- Confidential: Suzette Amaya
- Confidential: Trevor Duplessis
- Health Information
Share this with friends
- Truth and Reconcilliation Commission Final Event and Recommendations
- Relationship between Canada's Justice System and Aboriginal People
- Play Radio Bingo to win!
- Buffalo Spirit Foundation
- Western Association of Aboriginal Broadcasters (WAAB)
- November 2 - 2016
- November 16 - 2016
- November 30 - 2016
- December 14 - 2016
- January 11 - 2017
- January 25 - 2017
- Free Digital Edition of Windspeaker!
- Download AMMSA media kits for:
* Windspeaker - Alberta Sweetgrass
* SK Sage - BC Raven's Eye - ON Birchbark
* CFWE-FM - Alberta Radio Network
- Advertising online: www.ammsa.com
Subscribe & Donate
- Order a Windspeaker or Sweetgrass digital subscription
- Make a donation to assist Windspeaker via gofundme