Share this with friends
December - 2008
Windspeaker: What one quality do you most value in a friend?
Crystal Favel: I value my husband’s commitment to make my heart beat with harmony, hope and inspiration.
W: What is it that really makes you mad?
C.F.: When community members call me names and try to bully me for being different. It also hurts when you trust someone with your story/ music and they betray you with ulterior motives. Does honour not have its place in this world anymore?
W: When are you at your happiest?
C.F.: I love to visit the mountain I was born on; it grounds me. It takes me from my lowest feeling to my highest inspiration. I especially love speaking from the heart, it opens so many doors for me. I feel like I could reach out to the world.
W: What one word best describes you when you are at your worst?
C.F.: I am very tearful when I’m triggered by my past.
W: What one person do you most admire and why?
C.F.: I admire my business partner because there isn’t one skill we don’t cover as a team. He pushes me to push my limits and I love that.
W: What is the most difficult thing you’ve ever had to do?
C.F.: Blazing trails is the most difficult thing I’ve done because by the time I’ve broken down barriers, I’m usually licking my wounds at the same time. It’s bittersweet. I have also had to give up “the fight” to save my own life. It’s hard to walk away.
W: What is your greatest accomplishment?
C.F.: I have touched the hearts and minds of thousands of people through my personal story of survival and my niche — DJ skills. I went from DJ-ing to motivational speaking and the combination empowers me to successfully move on in life. I am also a CEO of a corporation that uses multimedia to inspire the world. Did I forget to mention that I DJ’d for over 380,000 parade attendees this year in Vancouver on a moving float. That’s going to be hard to top.
W: What one goal remains out of reach?
C.F.: I am attempting to write an autobiography, but I have no idea how to start.
W: If you couldn’t do what you’re doing today, what would you be doing?
C.F.: I would dedicate my life to the protection of every single frog in the world.
W: What is the best piece of advice you’ve ever received?
C.F.: Nothing ever worth it in life ever came easy.
W: Did you take it?
C.F.: I sure did, I have the scars to prove it.
W: How do you hope to be remembered?
C.F.: Trail Blazer, Wax Warrior and “The One You Could Trust.”
Crystal Favel is the CEO of Urban Indian Productions and is a proud member of the Métis nation. Favel is also known in North America as DJ Kwe – an award-winning DJ and cutting edge music producer who incorporated her own production company. Her trail-blazing ideas and projects exude innovation, excellence, and sharp-shooting organizational standards. She is known for her ability to inspire thousands of people through her ambitious vision. “The world awaits me,” she proudly exclaims.
- Community Access
- Contact Us
- Our History
- Archives Search
- In Depth
- Subscribers Only
- Aboriginal Community Events
- Aboriginal Links
- Aboriginal Scholarship Guide
- Book Reviews
- Classroom Edition
- Confidential: Aaron Paquette
- Confidential: Crystal Favel
- Confidential: Derek Miller
- Confidential: Dr. Evan Adams
- Confidential: Howie Miller
- Confidential: Inez Jasper
- Confidential: Jennie Williams
- Confidential: Larissa Tobacco
- Confidential: Myron A. Lameman
- Confidential: Robert Animikii Horton
- Confidential: Robyn Goodwin
- Confidential: Stephen Kakfwi
- Confidential: Suzette Amaya
- Confidential: Trevor Duplessis
- Health Information
Share this with friends
- Truth and Reconcilliation Commission Final Event and Recommendations
- Relationship between Canada's Justice System and Aboriginal People
- Play Radio Bingo to win!
- Buffalo Spirit Foundation
- Western Association of Aboriginal Broadcasters (WAAB)
- November 2 - 2016
- November 16 - 2016
- November 30 - 2016
- December 14 - 2016
- January 11 - 2017
- January 25 - 2017
- Free Digital Edition of Windspeaker!
- Download AMMSA media kits for:
* Windspeaker - Alberta Sweetgrass
* SK Sage - BC Raven's Eye - ON Birchbark
* CFWE-FM - Alberta Radio Network
- Advertising online: www.ammsa.com
Subscribe & Donate
- Order a Windspeaker or Sweetgrass digital subscription
- Make a donation to assist Windspeaker via gofundme